Monday, October 5, 2009

Week 3 #6

I have looked at the mashups and have determined that there must be many people out there with lots of time on their hands. Who creates these things and who has time to try them all?

I really liked the mappr that I explored and this is one that I could see potential for using. I travel lots and think that how much more meaningful maps could be for our students if they were able to attach photos to the map so they could see what it actually looks like in that location. In fact, my colleague and I are doing maps with a class and having them research historical sites along their highway. I wonder if we could get photos of the historical sites and have them attach them to a map. I'll have to look more closely at this site and see if I can find any instructions for doing this.

I also liked the colour pickr and montagr. I'm wondering if the colour pickr could be used in an art class with students.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I have to agree that there are some people out there with way too much time on their hands. You do have to wonder. I like the trading cards on the flickr mashups - I have used those with kids to get them to Sell their books. They have to really work at it because there are so few spaces. They are also really competitive to see whose card gets the most check outs. :-)

    ReplyDelete