Monday, November 16, 2009

Week 5 #11

I had a quick look at del-ic-ious and I'm very interested in opening an account (I think that we may do that later on in this course. I love the fact that I can bookmark all the sites that I am interested in and keep them all in some sort of order. I think the fact that they can be tagged would make it much easier to re-find something later on. A possible downfall is that I can't relocate the site I want later, but in order to discover whether that is actually the case, I will have to open an account and try it out.

I would find this very useful in the library as there are so many different items that I try and save just in case I need them for something and there just doesn't seem to be any way to organize them. This web 2.0 tool could help me get organized!

I also had a quick look at Lulu the book site and even though I wouldn't necessarily use it at school (because of the cost), I would love to use it personally - to publish books that I make for the grandparents - or to publish books that I write for my son about his family. I love this and can't wait to try it!

1 comment:

  1. Social bookmarking is an incredibly powerful tool. I have been exploring Diigo, which is a social bookmarking tool that also allows you to highlight and leave stickies on a web page. There are some things I like better about Delicious but that feature of Diigo is really powerful.

    Professional conversations going on through social bookmarking have the ability to link us with people all over the globe as well as across the district. It also takes reaching out to thers which is hard for me to do....my shyness translates online -

    ReplyDelete