Monday, November 30, 2009

Week 9 # 20

Tonight I looked at Teacher Tube and although I am somewhat familiar with You Tube, I had never looked at T.T. I liked it somewhat. It was easy to do searches and get lists of videos. Of course, the work came when I had to sift through them all and find what interests me or what is appropriate for my lessons. Again, putting in keywords could send me loads of videos and I don't have time to sit down and watch 4 minute videos looking for the right one.
In saying that, I think it is something I would definitely use with my classes as kids love videos - so even if it's something as simple as the one I watched with a teacher giving hints on reliable sources for research, sometimes it's just a lot more fun if they are watching someone else say it instead of me talking all the time. I will definitely spend some time looking for pertinent T.T. videos. It's great when someone shares a good one they have found - saves time for us all!

1 comment:

  1. As with so many tools - it is all about finding the RIGHT video for your task.... but there are some amazing things on both T-Tube and YouTube. I think this format will become more and more integral to education in the coming years.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete