Monday, November 30, 2009

Week 8 # 19.1

I do use Digital Pipeline with many of the kids in my school already, but I did take this opportunity to investigate Novelist as I’ve never really looked at it, other that for cataloguing purposes. I like this site and would recommend it to students who were looking for books similar to the ones they had just finished reading. I also like the recommended reads section and the fact that it gives the kids lots of information such as reading level, subject, who it may interest, other similar books and a synopsis of the book. I will definitely add this to my library webpage and introduce it to the students in my classes.

1 comment:

  1. I found the digital pipeline and SLED to contain a wealth of information. The word I've used over and over (in my mind) is "overwhelming" to describe all that's out there, in Web tools. Marvelous, but I really need a lot more time to explore. I guess that's what being a lifelong learner is all about.

    ReplyDelete